Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fishing, - YOUR DOIN' IT WRONG!

Unkown Source - Some Smug B@%*&rd with his fish

Attempted to take the boys fishing again today, I say attempted because since i don't actually catch anything, I'm not sure it counts as Fishing.
And once again, NOTHING, not even a nibble.
Bait wise, I have tryed prawns, I've tryed squid, and whiting - i really have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I'm not totally inexperienced - although its been a good 10years since i used to go fishing with my Dad. But we were usually on a boat.
To make matters worse my neighbour comes back with 3-4 Flathead EVERY TIME he goes down to the beach, Unbelievable. According to the locals there is a trick to it.
But none of them will tell me what it is.
So, any suggestions? -- I'll try anything.

I'm Surf fishing, either first thing in the morning (before 9 lol) or in the evening around 5.
I'm fishing about and hour before the incoming or outgoing tide.


4 comments:

  1. I've caught fish without even trying, when my dad or DH don't. I think I just have weird luck.
    I just play around. I'm impatient and I just reel it in when I get bored and go again. Although... last time I coaught a toad fish so wasn't too lucky :)

    My 4 year old caught a tiny tiny bream first time she went fishing. Just have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always go fishing too but never catch anything ...I think it can still be called fishing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one will tell you the secret? That's awful! Gardeners are unlike fisherman in that we freely spew advice...or or bad.

    I'm sure there's a whopper with your name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback,- i should clarify i do have fun fishing, i just wish i had something to show for it when i get home - if only to stop my husbands teasing.

    The local fisherman are all big burly guys, and i guess from the outside i appear a little prissy (but just because i look girly doesn't mean i am!) --seems like a bit of a boys club, and since i'm new in town not having much luck convincing them to play nice.

    Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment :)

    ReplyDelete